Time: 5min-10min Grind Type: Course Ratio: 1:16
In this recipe we are going to cover how to properly brew yourself a cup of Rooted Roast coffee using a Pour Over Kit.
- 3.5 cups of water (800ml) 5 heaping teaspoons (1.91oz, 54g) of coffee.
- Begin by heating the water to just under boiling, about 206 degrees.
- Warm up your press by pouring a little of your hot water in and swirling it around; then discard this water. (optional)
- Add the ground coffee into the press and fill it about half way up and lightly stir. Set a timer for 1 min.
- When the timer goes off, lightly stir the French press again and fill it with the rest of your hot water. Set a timer for another 3-7 min. The longer you wait, the stronger the coffee will be. If you let it go too long, though, it may get bitter.
- When that timer goes off, gently press down the plunger, serve, and enjoy!
Use a plastic or wooden spoon to stir, this will lower the chances of cracking the glass.